The Human Resources Director is responsible for management of human resources functions throughout the Firm, including staffing, employee relations, performance management, training, orientation and assimilation. This position reports to the Managing Shareholder and serves as an integral member of the Firm’s management team.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Keeps current on human resources issues and employment law to maintain compliance. Acts as a liaison with attorneys and other advisors regarding human resources issues.
- Maintains the Firm’s intranet and employee handbook.
- Oversees recruitment efforts for all personnel.
- Implements changes in staffing strategies if business needs dictate.
- Advises and assist in college relations strategies and programs- on and off campus events, scholarships, offer letters, office visits, faculty relationships, interviews, etc.
- Coordinates processes and ensures selection of quality hires for all positions.
- Ensures consistent and effective orientation and assimilation processes for all new employees.
- Responsible for understanding and conveying the Firm’s culture to employees.
- Manages the annual performance appraisal process and reviews annual performance evaluations
- Coordinates the Firm’s employee service awards program.
- Works with the benefits administration department to communicate benefit issues and changes firm wide.
- Stays in touch with personnel across the firm, listening to concerns and acts to resolve them where appropriate.
- Manages the conflict resolution process and identifies strategies for improving employee relations.
- Conducts termination meetings and exit interviews
- Oversees training initiatives for all employees.
- Assisting in recommending and scheduling staff for CPE or advanced training at all levels.
- Coordinates in-house CPE and other in-house training sessions, including course materials, speakers, locations, etc.
- Coordinates training for new employees among other departments
- Coordinates a management and leadership curriculum for supervisors, managers, senior managers, and partners.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the Firm’s mentoring program.
- Organize interim and annual firm social functions. | Coordinates in house meals for busy season.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor degree of higher in Human Resources Management or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management
- Certification from the Society for Human Resources Management as a Professional Human Resources (PHR) or a Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, confidence, and commitment to personal leadership development.